Centipede Sod Installation
Savannah’s Landscaping Services provides professional Centipede Sod Installation services to clients located in Savannah, Pooler, Richmond Hill, Rincon, Guyton, Port Wentworth, Wilmington Island, Midway, Hinesville, and surrounding areas. Centipede sod is the most common sod used in the Savannah area. Since 2009 Savannah’s Landscaping Services have provided clients with high-quality centipede sod installation services. If you are ready to schedule your sod consultation with Savannah’s Landscaping Services call or text 912-386-1232 or fill out our landscaping consultation form here.
Centipede was introduced by seed from China in 1919. Medium in texture with a pale to medium green color, Centipede is a slow-growing but highly aggressive grass that can be depended upon to produce a good, dense, relatively weed-free turf at low maintenance levels. In spite of their aggressiveness, Centipede is easily controlled and usually require edging only once a year around walks and flowerbeds.
- Texture – Intermediate
- Shade Tolerance – Fair
- Soil Preference – Clay / Loam
- Fertility Requirement – Low
- Peak Mowing Requirement – 7 to 10 days.
- Care Required – Moderate
- Reel or rotary mower, if sharp, does an easy and attractive cutting job.
- Does not look scalped when cutting is delayed too long and excessive growth is removed.
- Greens up rapidly after a brief drought with irrigation or rainfall.
- Suited to acid soils (pH range of 5.0 to 6.5)
- Should be fertilized very sparingly.
- Generally more trouble-free than other grasses.